Barbecue with your friends and the whole family in the garden? That’s a good idea, but what are the best things to prepare to accompany meat and fish? Below we will show you delicious recipes for a quick salad on the grill, so that you can enjoy the evening with your loved ones. All vegans and vegetarians are welcome too!
Quick, vegetarian summer grilled tortellini salad
Tortellini Summer Salad is a bright, flavorful, flavorful, veggie-packed pasta salad that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Light and fresh ingredients give it an Italian/Mediterranean touch. Since it can be served cold or at room temperature, it’s the perfect meal for your next picnic or BBQ!
- 600 g cheese tortellini, preferably fresh
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, cut into crescents
- salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, shaved (optional)
- Fresh basil, roughly chopped (optional)
For the walnut pesto:
- 30-40 g toasted nuts
- 30 g parmesan, shaved or grated
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- basil leaves
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ spoon of salt
Cook the tortellini according to package directions and drain well. Rinse them under cold water immediately afterwards.
You can make your own walnut pesto, or alternatively, find and buy your favorite pesto at the grocery store to save time. While the tortellini are cooking, prepare the walnut pesto: Put the walnuts, Parmesan and garlic in a blender and finely grind all the ingredients. Then add the basil leaves and stir for another minute. Also slowly add the olive oil until the mixture is smooth. Season the pesto with salt and set aside.
Place the cooked tortellini in a large bowl and add the tomatoes and zucchini. Add the pesto to the bowl and mix until the ingredients are well coated. Season the summer salad with salt and pepper. If using shaved parmesan and fresh basil, add them to the bowl. Serve chilled or at room temperature for baking.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 2 months. Place in the fridge overnight to thaw.
- Prepare in advance: You can prepare the tortellini and pesto up to 24 hours before eating. Just keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
Fresh, vegan salad for baking – quick recipe
There are many ways to make cucumber salad, but this vegan salad is simple and delicious. It contains all the ingredients of summer such as tomatoes, onions and cucumbers. Quick to prepare, wonderfully refreshing and the perfect accompaniment to a summer barbecue.
- 2 large cucumbers, sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes or 3-4 large tomatoes cut into slices
- 1 red onion, chopped
- A handful of finely chopped parsley
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- Vinegar, olive oil and salt to taste
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients: cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and parsley. Add the vinegar and olive oil. Mix it all together to coat the vegetables well with the sauce. It is best to eat the salad right away as it is fresh and tasty. Enjoy this colorful summer salad!
Grilled Green Salad Recipe
This super fresh salad is a perfect side dish for summer meals and BBQs.
- 60 ml of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cucumbers cut into cubes
- 1 small fennel bulb, chopped, plus leaves
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- Parsley with fresh leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
Whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the romaine lettuce, cucumber, dill and leaves, onion, chives, parsley and basil and mix well. You can serve the summer green salad. Enjoy your meal!
Mixed couscous salad as a side dish or main dish
Couscous salad is perfect for those hot days in the garden.
- 100 grams of couscous
- 200 ml hot vegetable stock with a little salt (a cube is good)
- 2 onions or 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 400 g of cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- 50 g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the liquid. Cover and let the couscous simmer for 10 minutes, until it is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Meanwhile, slice the onion, cherry tomatoes, pepper and cucumber. Then add these to the couscous, crumble into slices and sprinkle with pine nuts to serve as desired.