Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 fresh chicken broth (2 to 2.5 kg)
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 8 grains of white pepper
- 4 carrots
- ½ celery
- 2 leeks
- 175 g Fregola Sarda tostada (small spherical toasted pasta from Sardinia). Also works with other small pasta or pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon of butter, 8 g of salt, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
Nutritional values per serving
- Energy: 322 kcal/1 352 kJ,
- carbohydrates: 17 g,
- fat: 20 g,
- Protein: 22 g, salt: 1 g.
Recipes and cookbooks for you
- It doesn’t matter if it’s healthy food, vegetarian and vegan dishes or delicious barbecue ideas: we have recipes for all occasions and every taste. You can find our collection of recipes here.
- Cookbooks from Stiftung Warentest should not be missing in any kitchen – including Aroma vegetables, kitchen laboratory and side diet. The bookstore at test.de shows you an overview of the wide range.
prepare the chicken. Cut off the tail of the chicken and discard. remove the breasts. To do this, cut along the sternum with a sharp knife, fold the meat and further divide it along the ribs. Set the meat aside cleanly (see tip below).
Boil it in a pot. Place the chicken in a pot with heatproof gloves. Fill with water to cover all the chicken. Add salt, mushrooms and pepper. Heat in the oven to a maximum of 90 degrees Celsius. Check the temperature with an oven thermometer.
Tip: You can find good pots with our current cooker test.
Cook in the oven for a long time. Set the oven temperature to 110 degrees and place the pan. Check the water temperature after an hour, it should be 85 degrees and stay like that. Check every hour. After eight hours, check for doneness: the leg bones should slide out easily.
Unplug and steam the stuffing. Take the chicken out of the pot and let it cool a little. Separate the meat from the bones, chop into small pieces and add the juice. Season with salt and pepper. Dice the carrots and celery and cook separately with butter and salt. Saute leeks in butter and soy sauce until al dente. Cook noodles according to directions. Add to vegetable soup.
Use an old laying hen with the soup chicken. It has more flavor, fat, firmer meat than a chicken. “When the whole chicken is cooked for a long time, free glutamate is produced, hence the taste of bouillon”, explains Professor Dr. Guido Ritter. The scientific director of the Food Laboratory at Münster University of Applied Sciences developed the test recipe.
Here we are removing the chicken breast. They would get tough if cooked for hours, but later they can make another meal for four.
Important: Pay attention to hygiene, raw meat can transmit germs (so protect yourself from pathogens).