Edamame salad is great as a nutritious snack or as a high-protein side dish. Here’s a vegan recipe for Asian Bean Salad.
Edamame they are unripe green soybeans. They originally come from Japan and China and are known not only for their taste, but also for their high protein content. That’s why our edamame salad is not only delicious, but also very satisfying. It is therefore perfect as a snack between meals or as part of a nutritious meal.
Edamame is rarely available fresh. However, in the meantime, you can buy beans frozen, in jars or cans not only in Asian grocery stores, but also in most larger supermarkets or health food stores.
When buying the ingredients for edamame salad, pay as much attention as possible organic quality. By buying organic products, you support a organic farmingwhich uses natural resources sparingly and with chemical-synthetic ones PESTICIDES gave up. We can especially recommend the organic seal of demeter, organic soil AND natural soilas they require stricter criteria than the EU organic seal.
Edamame Salad: An Easy Recipe
- Preparation: about 15 minutes
- Rest time: about 10 minutes
- Cooking/baking time: about 5 minutes
- The crowd: 2 portions
Add frozen edamame to boiling salted water and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then pour them into a colander and rinse them with cold water.
Cut the spring onions into small rings. Using a kitchen grater, grind a thumb-sized piece of ginger and garlic into a paste.
Mix ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice syrup, lemon juice and rice vinegar in a sauce.
Mix the edamame, scallions and dressing in a large bowl. Let the edamame salad rest for 10 minutes before serving, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Edamame Salad: Variations
You can modify the edamame salad with other ingredients:
- Just add seasonal vegetables for more vitamins. Finely chopped beans, for example, go well with Asian beans cucumbers, TOMATO, radishcelery and paprika or grated carrot.
- For a little more heat, you can add a pinch of chili powder or the tip of a knife to the sauce. wasabi– Mix the paste.
- For an additional portion of protein, you can use pieces of Fry the tofu and serve with edamame salad.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or underlined orange Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we get a small part of the sales revenue. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!