- 100 grams of smoked meat
- 200 grams of onion
- 200 grams of potatoes
- 250 grams of carrots
- 200 g of celery
- 300 grams of leek
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 600 g of chicken sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 liters of vegetable juice
- 200 grams of tagliatelle
- parsley for serving
- Salt pepper
- Dice the smoked meat, peeled onions and celery. Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut them both into small pieces. Wash the celery and leek and also cut them into small pieces.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and sauté the diced onions and the smoked meat in it over medium heat for two to three minutes. Then add the chicken nuggets and fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now add the chopped vegetables and bay leaves and fill with the vegetable stock. Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove the chicken thighs from the pot and let them cool. Put the tagliatelle in the pot and let the soup boil, covered, for about ten minutes.
- Now remove the skin and meat from the chicken drumsticks – you can see how it works better in the video above.
- Put the pieces of meat back in the pot and season the soup with salt and pepper. Then chop the parsley and sprinkle over the soup before serving.
This chicken noodle soup recipe is from the Kitchen Stories cooking app. The chefs make their videos available exclusively for t-online.de – making cooking and baking child’s play.
Recipe: Whole Chicken Broth Chicken Soup
- 1 chicken stock (about 2 to 2.5 kilograms)
- 1 bunch of parsley soup greens
- 1 onion
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 3 medium carrots
- Noodle soup or rice
- Salt pepper
- optional frozen peas, broccoli or asparagus
- Remove any attached casings from the chicken. This works best with tweezers. Clean the chicken afterwards.
- Pour cold, salted water into a large pot and bring to a boil. How much water you need depends on the size of the chicken and your pot. The chicken should be at least completely covered with water in the pot.
- Then put the chicken stock and needles into the boiling water. Close the lid of the pot and turn off the heat. Cover and simmer the chicken over medium-high heat for 2 to 2.5 hours.
- While the soup is simmering, wash and chop the soup vegetables. After boiling, remove the chicken from the soup and let it cool slightly. Tip: The meat is done when pulled from the bone in the thigh.
- Now add the vegetables to the broth and continue to simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- If you want, you can cook 200 grams of thin soup noodles in the soup. Rice also tastes good with chicken broth.
- Meanwhile, peel the chicken and separate the meat from the bones. Cut the skin and flesh into bite-sized pieces and return to the soup. Serve the chicken soup with washed and chopped parsley.
If you don’t add the whole chicken to the broth, you can use the rest of the meat Hühnerfrikassee Cook.
What meat is suitable for a chicken soup?
The base of the chicken soup is a fresh chicken broth. Preferably this comes from the farmer or butcher so you know where it came from and how it was fed. This ensures that the meat is of good quality. Chickens from the supermarket are often not as tasty and often have less meat.
Alternatively, you can use chicken drumsticks or chicken pieces to cook the broth.
Cook the chicken with frozen soup
If you don’t have fresh chicken on hand, you can also use frozen soup chicken. Here, however, the cooking time is extended to an hour. You can also tell if the chicken is ready once the meat separates from the bone.
Pressure cooker chicken soup
If you have a pressure cooker, you can also use it to make chicken soup. Pour a chicken soup, chopped soup greens with water and a little salt into the pot. Close the lid and let everything boil until there is steam or pressure in the cooker. Now reduce the temperature a little and let everything simmer for another 30 minutes. Then remove the pot from the stove. After about 30 minutes the chicken will be ready.