Kale salad is a fresh alternative to traditional boiled kale. We will show you how to process healthy winter vegetables raw and which ingredients make the salad taste especially good.
In German winter cuisine, kale is usually cooked at the table. The traditional type of cabbage can also be eaten raw: you can use the leaves for a fresh kale salad, for example.
You can buy locally grown kale from November to February. It is better to pay attention to organic quality here and also with other ingredients, for example with natural soil– or the Bioland seal. How to support one organic farming without chemical-synthetics PESTICIDES.
Kale salad: An easy recipe
For 1 to 2 servings of kale salad you need the following servings:
And this is how to prepare the salad with green cabbage:
- Remove the stem from the green cabbage, wash the vegetables well and chop them.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
- undress and cut the onion into cubes.
- In a pan, briefly sweat the onion cubes together with the mushrooms until the onion cubes become translucent.
- Place the kale in a bowl and pour the juice of one lemon over it. Let the kale leaves cook for about ten minutes. This will make the hard kale softer and easier to chew later.
- While the leaves are soaking, you can prepare the dressing for the kale salad. To do this, mix the tahini into the juice of the second lemon. Drizzle the dressing with olive oil, salt and a little agave syrup.
- Place the chickpeas in a colander, rinse and drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into small pieces. Give the pieces together with the chickpeas and clothing in the bowl of kale.
- Mix everything well and let the kale salad rest for a moment before serving.
Kale Salad: This is why winter vegetables are so healthy
Kale is rightly considered one regional superfood. Cale, as it is called in English, is a real vitamin bomb and has few calories. Thanks to the healthy winter vegetables, the kale salad contains, among other things:
Important: Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble. So don’t skip the oil in your salad or your body won’t be able to absorb them from the kale.
In addition, the kale salad is rich in important MINERAL. This includes:
Kale is usually served as an accompaniment to hearty dishes. Since some ingredients are sensitive to heat, kale develops its health benefits best when eaten raw – in a kale salad, for example. But also for one Kale smoothie raw leaves can be processed.
** marked with ** or underlined orange Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: If you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the sales revenue. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!